Acupuncture from Five Branches University includes both academic and clinical training, with a focus on practicing acupuncture in an integrative medical environment.
Graduates with Acupuncture from Five Branches University will be:
- Highly skilled clinical acupuncturists who assist in the prevention and treatment of disease and effectively diagnose, prescribe and provide medical treatment within the parameters of Traditional Chinese Medicine and integrative medicine
- Primary healthcare providers with thorough knowledge and skills of the four branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture, Tuina Massage, Energetics, Chinese Dietary Medicine) and the integrative components of Western medicine
- Competent in the assessment of patients and qualified to recognize medical conditions which require referrals of patients to other healthcare providers
- Qualified healthcare providers who understand the importance of adhering to universal and professional medical ethics, and the social responsibilities of providing primary healthcare to the public
- Capable of achieving high passing scores on the national certification exams required to become a licensed acupuncturist
- Successful in establishing and managing a private practice or working as an integral part of a professional team of healthcare providers.
- TCM Theory
- TCM Acupuncture
- TCM Herbology
- TCM Clinical Medicine
- TCM Clinical Training
- Western Medicine
- Complementary Studies
- Review and Assessment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed throughout the year on a priority status basis.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1827 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission
- Recent photograph
- Statement of Purpose
- Application fee
- Health Evaluation
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Form
- Tuberculosis Test
- Letter of Recommendation – Provide the Letter of Recommendation form to two references of your choice (teachers, employers, colleagues, and/or healthcare professionals).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended
- A photocopy of the first page of your passport
- Transcript evaluation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) only if you are an international applicant and have not completed at least a two year baccalaureate level education from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or from an equivalent English language institution in another country/
- Financial Statement
- A photocopy of your visa, contained in your passport
- A photocopy of your I-20 Form
International15148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 305 USD per credit during 36 months.
National15148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 305 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Santa Cruz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.