The Master of Divinity (MDiv) is a 136-hour program designed primarily for those who desire to enter the ministry as a pastor, chaplain, missionary, or other full-time Christian minister. The goal of the program is to equip students for ministry through the integration of biblical, theological, and practical studies. The program is designed for (but not restricted to) the following:
- Those who wish to serve as a pastor in full-time or part-time ministry;
- Those who wish to serve as a chaplain in a clinical/pastoral setting or in the United States military;
- Those who wish to have a well-rounded theological education that involves biblical languages integrated with biblical, theological, and practical disciplines; and
- Those who eventually want to apply to a Doctor of Ministry program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theological Writing & Terminology
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation
- Theology 1: Prolegomena & Bibliology
- Theology 2: Paterology, Christology, & Pneumatology
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 655 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
The degree calls for students who demonstrate a potential for pastoral ministry, a faithful commitment to the Word of God, a heart for Christian service, and the personal discipline necessary to complete degree requirements.
Information For International Student Admission
- Submit complete Application Packet
- Submit all required documentation & fees pertaining to non-immigrant student admission:
- Satisfactory TOEFL or IELTS scores are normally required of English program applicants if English is not their primary language.
- Evidence of adequate financial resources to live and study in the United States.
- Forms, worksheets, and documentation relevant to non-immigrant student admission.
- I-20 Processing fee
International250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 USD per credit and a duration of .
National250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.