The Art - Fine Arts is a 60-hour program at Illinois State University that emphasizes both theory and practice in the production, history, and teaching of the visual arts. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate artistic proficiency in at least one of the following disciplines: painting and drawing, sculpture and expanded media, printmaking, video, ceramics, photography, or glass.
The School of Art offers students an excellent faculty, extensive facilities, and individual graduate studio spaces. Just two hours south of Chicago, the School of Art offers easy access to the vibrant museum and gallery environment of the city. In addition, the on-campus University Galleries' active exhibition schedule and a full schedule of visiting artist residencies and lectures provide students with a vital critical survey of contemporary art.
Each MFA student mounts a solo exhibition in the student gallery, Transpace, in partial fulfillment of their MFA requirement and can participate in multiple group exhibitions in the University Galleries during their time in the program. The school provides a supportive atmosphere fostering an active studio practice, rigorous intellectual inquiry, and the development of a mature body of work.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar in Art Beyond the Western Tradition
- Seminar in Ancient and Medieval Art and Architecture
- Seminar in Renaissance and Baroque Art and Architecture
- Seminar in Visual Culture, History, and Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 527 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- have a minimum 2.8 GPA (on a scale in which an A is a 4.0) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned.
International17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17651 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17651 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9676 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.