Mathematics Students in the master’s program at The City University of New York can choose a program of study to prepare them for PhD programs in mathematics, for teaching at a pre-university level, for a career in probability or statistics, or for actuarial work.
- Set Theory and Logic
- History of Mathematics
- History of Modern Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 563 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- To be admitted to the program, a candidate must have at least 25 credits in advanced courses in mathematics and related fields (such as computer science and physics).
- At least 12 credits must be in mathematics, including advanced calculus and linear algebra, with an average of at least B in the mathematics courses. Applicants not meeting these requirements must secure special permission of the department, and may be required to take courses to remove the deficiencies without receiving graduate credit.
- At least two of the written recommendations must be from the applicant’s undergraduate instructors and must deal with the ability of the applicant to pursue graduate work in mathematics.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.