About Social Work from Concord University
Social Work from Concord University aims to prepare graduates for advanced generalist social work practice with a specialized area in rural practice. The MSW Program is built upon a systems approach and the strengths perspective, delivered in a manner that meets the needs of students that live and/or work primarily in rural areas.
Students at Social Work from Concord University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Conduct advanced social work practice, with a rural concentration, which operates from a systems and strengths perspective with the ability to respond to varying rural contexts, including diversity and difference and to engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate at all levels including individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Think critically and examine issues within the rural context while applying knowledge from both a person-in-environment and human behavior perspective to determine appropriate methods of intervention and to communicate these in an ethical manner utilizing the strengths of rural settings.
- Utilize an advanced reflective and developmental approach to practice.
- Apply an advanced critical and analytical approach to practice that incorporates the unique culture and systems within rural settings and includes engaging in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Use advanced knowledge and skills in analyzing rural social policies and promoting change in rural settings through the development of more just and humane policies as they affect clients, social workers, and service systems.
- Generalist Practice
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Special Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 739 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- submit all official transcripts from institutions attended and have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4-point scale;
- have a 2.75-grade point average in the last 60 hours (provisional acceptance for applicants with lower GPA’s will be considered on an individual basis);
- submit three letters of reference (two from the student’s academic program and the third from someone who knows the candidate well, preferably in a work or volunteer setting and is/was in a supervisory role with the candidate);
- Please provide us with a personal statement addressing the areas identified below.
- although not required, applicants may submit a résumé of work and related volunteer experience.
International15270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 509 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 509 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.