Study the scriptures fully online
The Biblical and Theological Studies program of Dallas Theological Seminary is based on the principle that any follower of Christ will benefit from advanced training in biblical and theological studies, becoming a more effective minister of the gospel wherever they serve.
You can complete the entire MBTS program entirely online from wherever God has called you. You can also supplement online courses with 3 or 5 day intensives at one of our campuses.
This MBTS provides a flexible course of study for:
- Business professionals or laypersons who desire a short program of seminary studies to equip them for effective ministry in the workforce, home, local church, or abroad
- Missionary candidates who anticipate service in nonprofessional ministries whose mission board requires graduate study in Bible and theology
- College graduates who want a shorter program of seminary studies as a supplement to their undergraduate work and are not planning on entering vocational ministry
- Spouses of current DTS students who want to complete a program of graduate seminary studies
Students in the MBTS program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the Bible, including a synthetic understanding of the major books;
- Evidence a general knowledge of theology;
- Evidence an ability to biblically and theologically support their views on a specific contemporary issue;
- Evidence an increasing likeness to Christ as manifested in love for God, love for others, and the fruit of the Spirit; and
- Evidence an interest and involvement in the local church or other ministries with which they are associated.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics
- The Story of Scripture: Genesis to Revelation The Story of Scripture
- The Kingdom & Covenants
- Theological Method and Bibliology
- Christian Life and Witness
- Orientation & Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 120 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit Application
- Collect college transcripts and references from church and others
- Committee Evaluation
- You show evidence of saving faith in Jesus Christ in your application testimony, and you adhere to the 7 core doctrines
- Your references speak to your character and dependence on the Holy Spirit for life and work
- You are endowed with appropriate spiritual gifts and involved in Christian ministry
- Previous education has prepared you for graduate theological education
International595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
National595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.