The demand for global, interdisciplinary knowledge is on the rise. Many students who complete an undergraduate degree in the social sciences or in business end up working for private companies, NGOs, or government agencies where in-depth knowledge of global affairs is immensely useful, if not required. The innovative International Affairs and Global Enterprise program at the University of Utah was established to combine the study of international business, international law, and international social sciences, instilling students with comprehensive, operational knowledge of how multinational organizations function in the global market.The vision of our honorable founder Dr. Stephen E. Reynolds, the MIAGE program has been designed to meet the needs of business, government, and NGO leaders who increasingly demand globally aware graduates to solve complex, multinational issues.
MIAGE Learning OutcomesA graduate of the MIAGE program will:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing in at least one language other than English at the Advanced Proficiency level.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex international organizational problems that require well developed skills in analysis and synthesis and document clearly and effectively the processes used and conclusions reached.
- Understand and articulate basic competencies and skills needed to lead and manage effectively in a global enterprise.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global legal context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global political-cultural context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global socio-economic context.
- Understand and articulate the interactions and inter-relatedness among the legal, politicalcultural, and socio-economic contexts and how they affect the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies globally.
- Understand the applications and misapplications of various research designs and methods in the international context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of International Affairs and Global Enterprise
- International Management
- Multinational Firms: International Trade and Investment
- Foundations of International Organizations
- Methods of Social Research
- Law course- selected options from Law School
- Capstone Seminar in International Relations and Global Enterprise
- International Affairs and Global Enterprise Internship
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
All MIAGE program application materials must be completed by the priority deadline of February 15 to be eligible for MIAGE scholarships.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 182 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Statement of Purpose (or, Letter of Intent)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcripts
- Application Fee
International18860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9430 USD per semester during 18 months.
National18860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9430 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State6110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3055 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.