The demand for global, interdisciplinary knowledge is on the rise. Many students who complete an undergraduate degree in the social sciences or in business end up working for private companies, NGOs, or government agencies where in-depth knowledge of global affairs is immensely useful, if not required. The innovative International Affairs and Global Enterprise program at the University of Utah was established to combine the study of international business, international law, and international social sciences, instilling students with comprehensive, operational knowledge of how multinational organizations function in the global market.The vision of our honorable founder Dr. Stephen E. Reynolds, the MIAGE program has been designed to meet the needs of business, government, and NGO leaders who increasingly demand globally aware graduates to solve complex, multinational issues.
MIAGE Learning OutcomesA graduate of the MIAGE program will:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing in at least one language other than English at the Advanced Proficiency level.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve complex international organizational problems that require well developed skills in analysis and synthesis and document clearly and effectively the processes used and conclusions reached.
- Understand and articulate basic competencies and skills needed to lead and manage effectively in a global enterprise.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global legal context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global political-cultural context.
- Understand and articulate the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies in the global socio-economic context.
- Understand and articulate the interactions and inter-relatedness among the legal, politicalcultural, and socio-economic contexts and how they affect the roles and functions of business enterprises, INGOs, and government agencies globally.
- Understand the applications and misapplications of various research designs and methods in the international context.
- International Management
- Multinational Firms: International Trade and Investment
- International Organizations
- Methods of Social Research
- Capstone Seminar in International Relations and Global Enterprise
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development View 381 other Masters in International Relations in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Utah and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of Purpose (or, Letter of Intent)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Transcripts
- Application Fee
International12694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per semester during 18 months.
National12694 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State3606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1803 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.