The Psychology program’s fully online format makes it the first and only degree of its kind offered at the City University of New York (The City University of New York), allowing students to read course materials, participate in class discussions, and complete assignments on a more flexible schedule.
Students specialize in one of two areas:
Industrial/Organizational Psychology: The study of human behavior in organizations and in the workplace including recruitment, training, performance management, quality of work life, and organizational development.
Developmental Psychology: The study of human growth throughout the entire lifespan, from infancy through adulthood.
Students in this program:
- Acquire knowledge of core concepts, theories, and applications in three of the following five areas: learning and cognition, biological bases of behavior, social behavior, theories of personality, and psychopathology.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following specializations in psychology: Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Developmental Psychology.
- Show mastery of all phases of the research process in psychology, including: locating, synthesizing and critically evaluating information related to a specific research question, generating testable research hypotheses and related research designs, engaging in data collection activities that reflect professional practices, standards and requirements; students also analyze data and displaying results using appropriate statistical procedures and software.
- Identify and apply ethical standards in the conduct of human subject and animal research.
- Articulate values and act in ways that are respectful of cultural differences and diversity at local, national and global levels.
More informationVisit official programme website
- General Psychology
- Biological Bases of Behavior
- Developmental Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology View 142 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants are required to write a personal statement, upload a resume, and provide two letters of recommendation. An individual interview may be necessary.
- Students are not required to have an undergraduate major in Psychology, but they must have completed courses in Introductory Psychology, Statistics, and Research Methods with grades of B or better. Applicants without this coursework may be admitted to the program conditionally and required to take courses before matriculating.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!