Graduates of this Multiple Woodwinds program at University of Miami often pursue careers as symphony musicians, university professors, concert soloists, or band or orchestra conductors.
Many graduates pursue advanced study and graduate degrees for further career preparation.As an instrumental performance major, you will focus on developing and honing your performance skills on a selected brass, percussion, string, or woodwind instrument with assistance from faculty who have distinguished themselves as outstanding teachers and performing musicians.
While the curriculum emphasizes development of tone and musicianship, as well as technical mastery of the instrument, it also includes music theory, music history and literature, orchestral literature and teaching methods. In addition, you will develop expertise in contemporary literature and chamber music performance.
Facts about Frost:
- UM's Conservatory of Music was founded in October 1926 by Bertha M. Foster, who became our first music dean.
- We were given our name in 2003 in honor of a landmark naming gift by Dr. Phillip and Patricia Frost, ardent supporters of the arts in Miami.
- We're the first major university to develop a student-run, award-winning label called ‘Cane Records and a publishing company titled Category Five.
- Some notable Frost alumni who have graduated include Raquel Sofia, Bruce Hornsby, Will Lee, Carmen Lundy, Jon Secada, Lari White, Ed Toth, Patti Scialfa, Joel McNeely, and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master's Recital
- Recital Program Notes Preparation
- Recital Paper Preparation
- Master's Recital Paper
- Master's Second Recital
- Music Bibliography
- Analytical Techniques
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.