The Master of Science in Skin Biology and Dermatological Sciences program at University of Miami is unique in its depth and breadth because it covers basic science research and laboratory techniques. In addition, the program considers a variety of additional skills to help you succeed in your career—including management skills, grant writing, regulatory issues, enterprise formation issues, and clinical problems.
Skin biology includes many biological processes: development, perpetual differentiation and barrier maintenance, stem cell biology, tissue repair, and regeneration, native and adapted immunity and genetic disorders just to name a few. The areas represented in our research base include skin aging, barrier, biochemistry, cell and stem cell biology, genomics, inflammation, immunology, microbiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology, as well as clinical research including areas of a variety of skin disorders, aging, aesthetics, cancer, itching and wounds as clinical touch-points.
Our mission is to foster future generations of skin scientists, physician scientists and industrial leaders in skin sciences, skin care as well as skin related drug and device development.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Dermatology
- Skin Anatomy and History
- Skin Biology and Pathophysiology
- Microbiology of the Skin
- Immunology of the Skin
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- March 1st - Priority & International Deadline
- April 1st - Final Deadline for Domestic Students
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 476 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution must be conferred before the intended start date.
- Excellent academic record (minimum overall cumulative GPA = 3.0)
- Competitive GRE or MCAT exam scores (Waived for MD or PhD degree holders)
- Strong letters of recommendation from university academic advisors, professors and scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue a state-of-the-art skin science education
International47476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47476 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National47476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47476 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State43587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43587 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.