The MS degree in Criminology at University of Miami requires 30 credits for graduation. Students may elect to complete a Master’s thesis, comprehensive exam, or internship project and paper for their final projects. The program is designed for students to enroll in the fall and complete their degrees in three semesters (full time enrollment).
We strongly encourage prospective students to review the information about our faculty and their research interests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Classical Sociological Theory
- Proseminar in Sociology
- Social Statistics
- Advanced Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Advanced Sociological Statistical Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 379 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 credits of upper division undergraduate coursework and/or 3.0 in graduate coursework.
- A minimum GRE score of 950 (or a combined 294 on the revised Test).
- A well written personal statement detailing reasons for pursuing the degree, both in general and in our program specifically.
- At least three positive letters of recommendation must be submitted from references familiar with applicants’ educational and/or professional abilities.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.