The Master of Fine Arts degree in the professional practice of Studio Art is a three-year program at University of Miami that offers students the opportunity to specialize in five concentrations:
- Digital Imaging-Illustration/Photography
The Department of Art and Art History at the University of Miami offers graduate study within a strong, liberal arts program in a private university setting, which allows talented students to learn from a faculty of highly regarded professional artists and art historians.
The Art Department is dedicated to the promotion of excellence in the visual arts by encouraging originality, discovery, creativity, and critical inquiry. The department provides an educationally diverse environment where students can acquire the critical perspectives, historical knowledge, and technical skills that will prepare them for a variety of professional careers in the arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Studio Art
- Exhibition Preparation
- Seminar in Contemporary Art
- Problems in Art History
- Museum Studies Seminar
- Administration Internship
- Seminar in Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Art
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 301 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- The Graduate School general application.
- An official copy of undergraduate transcript(s) showing the date the B.A. /B.S. /B.F.A. degree was awarded. [Transcripts must show no less than 3.0 for the overall G.P.A.]
- A personal statement of interest in the M.F.A in Studio Art program at the University of Miami.
- A portfolio of digital images of personal artworks, not to exceed 20 images.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 36 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.