In the Innovation Sciences programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) , you will gain a better understanding of the socio-economic implications of technical change, and learn to put technical change in a European and global context. Important questions for innovation scientists include:
- How can local or national societies create an innovative climate in a globalizing world?
- Which factors determine whether a new technology will succeed?
- How can government and business introduce innovations that lead to sustainable development?
As a graduate of this master's program you will be able to work at organizations operating at the boundary between technology and its social application in both the private and public sectors. In many cases you will work in interdisciplinary teams consisting of engineers, social scientists, consultants, policy makers, managers humanities researchers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evolutionary foundations
- Research methodology
- Governing innovations
- Modern societies
- Responsible innovation and sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Innovation Management View 37 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or economics with a minor (or electives) in an engineering domain.
- A bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an engineering domain with a minor (or electives) in social sciences or economics
Knowledge and skills on the following topics:
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Micro Economics
- Economics of Innovation
- Science and technology studies
- History of technology
- Knowledge of an engineering domain
- Integration of social science and engineering knowledge
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.