Grounded in principles of data ethics and foregrounded in a critical approach to data studies, this Data Analysis and Visualization program at The City University of New York offers students the opportunity to learn about the basics of working with data and to explore fundamental concepts and methods for analyzing and interpreting data and statistics.
These include how to visualize data, principles of graphic design, and media theory and history. This program will help students think critically and historically about contemporary methods and techniques for working with data.
What you'll study
We offer three areas of study: data analysis, data visualization, and data studies. Across all of these classes, we move from fundamental concepts and methods to more advanced methods.
We help students gain practical skills in working with data and the theoretical skills to anticipate the future use of data in society, and to understand the possibilities, implications, and limitations of data. Graduates will be able to work in the industry (data analysis, data and information visualization) or to pursue doctoral studies in a range of related disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis Methods
- Visualization and Design
- Interactive Data Visualization
- Working with Data: Fundamentals
- Data, Culture and Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Data Science & Big Data View 364 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Bachelor‘s degree from an accredited college or university or their equivalents in the US or abroad.
- A transcript showing a minimum of 15 credits of undergraduate or graduate coursework in computer science with a B (3.0) or better average; or
- A graduation certificate from an accredited college or university showing completion of a program or series of courses in programming, data analysis, web development, or app development (graduation certificates from nationally recognized coding academies may also be considered); or
- A minimum of one year of professional experience in software development, data analysis, web development, app development, or related areas as described in a CV (at least one recommendation letter must speak to this professional experience).
- Design and/or other creative work in visual media, as shown by a portfolio containing samples of the applicant’s creative work
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.