In the Viola program of Cleveland Institute of Music you'll study with a highly experienced performer and teacher who is dedicated to helping you reach your full potential as a musician and a violist.
Throughout your time at CIM, you'll perform in solo recitals, chamber ensembles, orchestra, master classes and repertoire classes to prepare you for a career as a professional musician. And you'll be surrounded by other high level students who are striving to be their best.
The program is designed to develop advanced competencies and musicianship for the qualified student including advanced and refined technique, enhanced musical knowledge and skills, and increased ability to communicate artistically so as to demonstrate professional capability in the chosen area of concentration. Through their studies, students gain increased knowledge and skills in one of more fields of music outside the major such as music theory, history, musicology or performance practice. Students also gain increased knowledge of repertory and historical performance practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Performance Lessons/Recital
- Music Theory
- Music History
- Music Elective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 997 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- A $110 nonrefundable application fee is submitted online with the application
- Prescreen video
- All applicants must upload a performance resume within the application
- Current college or university
- Any previously attended college or university
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants auditioning for the bachelor of music will take an online theory examination
- Live Audition
- Applicants from countries where English is not an official language must submit TOEFL or IELTS English language scores
International40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.