The Suzuki method's pedagogical approach in the Violin Performance and Suzuki Pedagogy program of Cleveland Institute of Music combines the exploration and application of Suzuki's philosophies with comprehensive knowledge of supplemental scales, arpeggios, études and works from the standard repertoire.
The Pedagogy curriculum promotes the exploration and application of Suzuki philosophies, which encourage utilizing the Suzuki method to demonstrate principles of playing and teaching violin, viola, and cello.
An in-depth study and performance of the Suzuki Violin/Cello school repertoire is required of all CIM Suzuki Pedagogy students, including a comprehensive knowledge of supplemental scales, arpeggios, études and works from the standard repertoire.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Baroque and Classical Music
- Nineteenth-Century Music
- World Music
- Twentieth-Century Music
- Introduction to Music Studies
- Basic Conducting & Lab
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 969 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- A $110 nonrefundable application fee is submitted online with the application
- Prescreen video
- All applicants must upload a performance resume within the application
- Current college or university
- Any previously attended college or university
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants auditioning for the bachelor of music will take an online theory examination
- Live Audition
- Applicants from countries where English is not an official language must submit TOEFL or IELTS English language scores
International40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40000 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.