We offer a master degree in Divinity at the Catholic Theological Union. For those seeking to fulfill academic requirements for Roman Catholic Ordination, an additional 30 credit-hours of coursework is required to meet the specifications for academic and ministerial formation as required by The Program of Priestly Formation (Washington: USCCB, 2005).
Educational Goals and Outcomes
- Exercises pastoral leadership in the Roman Catholic Church as a lay or ordained minister in a variety of pastoral, cultural, and geographic areas;
- Knows and articulates the Roman Catholic tradition and applies it accurately, proficiently, sensitively, and faithfully;
- Acquires pastoral skills and demonstrates competence in effective pastoral ministry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Note: CTU offers a selection of courses in philosophy to help MDiv students meet the prerequisites in philosophy for this degree.
- Students may take CTU 3000 level theology courses to meet the prerequisites in theology or religious studies. Advanced standing rather than credit will be given in those theological areas
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 739 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Application fee ($55.00)
International940 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 940 USD per credit and a duration of .
National940 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 940 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.