As a seminary graduate, you will have the opportunity to extend your education in a particular field or to prepare for doctoral-level work through a one- to two-year program and a capstone thesis or a major research paper.
The Theology Master program at Calvin Theological Seminary is designed to achieve these key learning outcomes:
- Students have academic mastery in a specific theological discipline.
- Students can engage in sound scholarship that exhibits independent inquiry, academic research, critical analysis, and scholarly writing.
- Students can articulate both their own tradition’s perspective on their area of specialization and the strengths and weaknesses of other theological approaches.
- Students exhibit the fruit of the Spirit by providing thoughtful, fair, and respectful analyses and interpretations that recognize the strengths of positions with which they disagree and the weaknesses of positions with which they agree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Course
- Specialized Electives
- General Elective
- Paper or Thesis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 592 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- A Master of Divinity, Master of Theological Studies, Bachelor of Divinity, or an equivalent degree, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (B), from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the US Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or a Canadian provincial quality assurance agency, or from institutions outside of the US or Canada that meet standards comparable to those of the Association for Theological Schools.
- Completion of sufficient prior study in your intended area of specialization. (Some students may be advised to take one or more extra courses in their area of specialization.)
- Transcript evidence of a minimum of two semesters of study each in Hebrew and Greek.
- Completion of all admission requirements before entering the ThM program (with limited exceptions for someone concurrently completing an MDiv or MTS program at Calvin Seminary).
International815 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 815 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National815 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 815 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.