This Bible and theology degree program offered by the Calvin Theological Seminary explores the Bible (in English), systematic theology, and church history—all while encouraging your spiritual growth and equipping you for your work in the world.
Students and alumni of this program serve in a wide range of roles: teachers, business leaders, professionals, church workers, and many others.
Have you already taken biblical or theology courses? Turn that knowledge into credit.
- You may be able to receive up to six hours of credit in the MA program through advanced standing testing for prior study or knowledge in Bible and Theology. Advanced standing means that you have demonstrated competence equivalent to completing one or more of the courses listed below.
- If granted, advanced standing reduces the number of credit hours needed to complete the degree and can open doors to more courses in your specialization. A student whose undergraduate major was in Biblical Studies, Religion, or Theology may be able to complete the degree in one year of full-time study. See the Academic Program Advisor for more details.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biblical Interpretation for Ministry
- Digital Bible Tools for Teaching and Preaching
- Bible Survey
- Old Testament Elective Course
- New Testament Elective Course
- Theological Education as Formation for Ministry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 739 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Typically a bachelors degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution and have a grade point average of 2.67 (B-) or higher is required. Due to special circumstances, an applicant without a bachelor's degree may be considered, as is allowed by the Association of Theological Schools.
- A strong liberal arts education provides an excellent foundation for graduate level theological education. A liberal arts education shapes well-rounded, intellectually and culturally astute graduates.
- Therefore, it is recommended that a candidate’s baccalaureate preparation consist of courses in the liberal arts, including English, philosophy, history, literature, social science and natural science.
International514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 514 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National514 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 514 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.