The Community Mental Health program from California Institute of Integral Studies is offered in an online hybrid format. Students receive asynchronous online lectures, readings, and engagement on a weekly basis. Each semester, students are required to attend five in-person, full-weekend immersions.
During the weekend immersions, students take in-person classes at CIIS with their cohort, allowing for deep and enriching relationships to form between students and with faculty.
During the first year, students develop a theoretical foundation and engage in clinical coursework. In the second year, students enter a clinical practicum while continuing to take required courses. The program concludes with an integrative project in the final semester.
Personal Psychotherapy RequirementDuring practicum placement, students are required to complete 50 hours of personal psychotherapy with a licensed mental health professional.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Theories and Practice in Community Mental Health
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Community Trauma and Healing
- Psychopathology and Psychological Assessment
- Psychotherapies with Families, Couples and Systems
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 3rd application deadline: pending program space availability (after the Feb 15th priority deadline).
- MFT (60 units total) | LLPC (67 units total)
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health School Counselling View 1382 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each degree program at CIIS has specific application requirements.
- The final pages of the admissions application outline the specific requirements for each program.
- If you need further clarification about the materials requested, please contact the admissions counselor for the specific program to which you are applying.
International29808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1242 USD per credit during 30 months.
National29808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1242 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.