Special Education M.A. Program
The Special Education student at The University of New Mexico may choose from two concentrations: Concentration I, Mental Retardation and Severe Disabilities: Studies in Educational Equity for Diverse Exceptional Learners (which includes mental retardation, severe disabilities, autism, severe psychiatric disabilities, intensive communication needs, cultural and linguistic diversity, and inclusive education); and Concentration II, Learning and Behavioral Exceptionalities: Studies in Instruction, Curriculum, Collaboration, and Transition of Diverse Learners (which includes learning disabilities, emotional & behavioral disorders, bilingual/multicultural, early childhood, and secondary transition). The degree program can also lead to teacher licensure in special education if the student requests that option early in the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teacher preparation
- Comprehensive educational assessment
- Professional development for other leaders
- Research on issues affecting diverse exceptional learners
- Policy development and implementation
- Technical assistance and partnerships with schools and agencies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 694 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the United States or its equivalent in another country.
- Generally, applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (B) or its equivalent in their last two undergraduate years and in their major field.
- Must indicate all academic institutions they have previously attended on their applications.
- In most departments, the minimum undergraduate prerequisite is 12 semester hours of upper division course work (300-level courses or higher) in the major field to which the student is applying, or in cognate areas.
International26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
National26636 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26636 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8509 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8509 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.