We prepare our students to transfer basic research into new technological processes. They learn how to develop innovative technologies that are transformed into product-specific, automated production processes.
- Modern labs and technological facilities
- Advanced laboratory experience
- Excellent career prospects
Reasons to Choose Hohenheim
- Small Food Science and Engineering program from University of Hohenheim with excellent student-faculty ratio
- Links between research and teaching
- Modern labs with cutting-edge technology
- Technical test facilities with pilot plants for research and teaching offer the chance to develop and test new production processes
- Possibility to include modules in the related disciplines Biology and Nutritional Science
Research groups at national or international universities or research institutions
Research and development, project management, quality assurance, or technical director in the following industries:
- Food industry and its supply industries
- Biotechnology industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Healthcare industry
Equipment, process and packaging technology
Private and public research institutions
- Analysis and Quality Assurance in the Food Production
- Applied Mathematics for the Life Sciences
- Food Process Design- Efficient Processing and Transport
- Advanced Flavor Chemistry
- Advanced Process Engineering Techniques for Cereal Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology General Engineering & Technology Food Sciences View 20 other Masters in Microbiology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural or engineering sciences (180 ECTS credits)
- Interest in Chemistry, Biology, and Physics
- Interest in food technology and process engineering
- Enjoyment of experimental work in labs and experimental facilities
- Interest in research and development of food production processes
- Interest in economic ways of thinking and organizational management
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.