The Organization, Information and Learning Sciences Master’s degree at The University of New Mexico provides students the option to take courses in Organizational Learning and Training, Multimedia Technologies, and Distance Education. Students may focus on one particular area or mix and match courses from all areas to create a personalized program of study. Students choose from two path options to complete the degree:
- Master's Thesis. Under the thesis option students plan, conduct, and report on original research conducted to address a research problem in an area related to their study in the OILS program. This option is appropriate for those interested in later pursuing a PhD.
- Coursework. Under the Coursework option students complete 15 hours of core coursework and 15 hours of a specialty concentration. See the menu items for complete details on the Concentrations. For those interested in pursuing a PhD, the coursework only option is not a good fit, because it does not provide opportunities for gaining research experience.
All OILS students can expect to develop a diverse skill set that will help them hit the ground running when they enter the workforce because all OILS courses require students to apply their learning in real world contexts. OILS graduates work in a diverse number of settings from nonprofit organizations to Fortune 500 Companies.Not only do OILS graduates have the flexibility to choose where they work, they also enjoy diverse and rewarding employment options which include:
- Adult Learning
- Training and Development
- Distance Educatione
- Online Learning
- Knowledge Management
- Data Management
- Project Management
- Organizational Development
- Instructional Design and Technology
- The Adult Learner
- Framing Designs of Learning (Instructional Design)
- Prototyping Designs for Learning (Instructional Design)
- Culture and Global Learning
- Cross-Cultural Issues in Adult Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 635 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Educational Background
- Test Scores
- Letter of Intent
- Writing Sample
- Relevant Coursework
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
National27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.