Candidates for the Master of Public Administration degree must satisfy all the University of Alaska Southeast graduate degree requirements in this catalog as well as the specific program requirements in this section. A minimum of 36 approved credits is required for the degree, in addition to evidence of practical experience in public or non-profit administration.
In order to permit students to pursue individual interests, a limited substitution of required courses is possible. Course substitutions must be approved by the student’s advisor and the program dean. The student’s approved program of study is reﬂected in the Application for Advancement to Candidacy.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Research Methods
- Public Policy and Accountability
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Public Financial Management
- Program Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Administration Natural Resource Management View 143 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Mandatory advising with the M.P.A. director
- A completed online application at http://uaonline.alaska.edu
- $60 application fee
- Official academic transcript indicating baccalaureate degree sent directly to UAS
- Professional resume or vita
- Two page (approximately 1,000 words) statement of professional objectives describing past public and non-profit experiences, outlining professional goals and stating how the M.P.A. program will help achieve your professional objectives
- Three recommendations addressing professional dispositions on special forms provided by the UAS M.P.A. program
International25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12948 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12948 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State12312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6156 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.