The Biostatistics program from the University of Pittsburgh emphasizes statistical theory and methods so that students are prepared to be effective statistical collaborators in interdisciplinary studies; and lead the design and execution of studies.
Recent graduates hold the following positions:
- Opioid compliance specialist, Georgia Dept. of Public Health
- Actuarial analyst, Highmark Health
- Biostatistician, Ichan School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Statistician, Mayo Clinic
- Business analyst, PNC Financial Services
- Biostatistician, University of Pittsburgh Dept. of Critical Care Medicine
- Biostatistician, University of Pittsburgh Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
- Data analyst, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
- Statistician, University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
In addition to the main biostatistics master's curriulum, the department now offers concentrations in:
- health data science (HDS) and
- statistical and computational genetics (SGC).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBioinformatics & Biostatistics View 439 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
- Applications for admission to the Department of Biostatistics are processed through the Office of Student Affairs at Pitt Public Health. You must apply to the MS and PhD programs through SOPHAS, the centralized application service for graduate schools of public health.
- Please note, SOPHAS submits applications to Pitt Public Health only after all required materials are received.
- In addition to the application materials required of all students, most international students must submit an official score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam and a WES evaluation.
International49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
National49662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49662 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.