The Counseling - School Counseling program offered by Northern State University leads to a master’s of science in education degree with preparation for K-12 school or clinical mental health counseling certification/licensure.
Students with a clinical mental health degree will be able to work in a variety of settings, including mental health clinics, hospitals, residential facilities, correctional settings, or certain schools. Students with a school counseling degree will be able to counsel students in kindergarten through 12th grade. This program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
Students selecting School Counseling will be prepared to counsel K-12 children in private, public, or parochial schools. All students are prepared to take a state licensure or national certification exam in their area.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Assessment in Counseling
- Crisis and Disaster Intervention and Wellness
- Human Growth and Development
- Multicultural Counseling
- Theories of Counseling and Personality
- Behavior Management of Exceptional Children
- Chemical Abuse and Dependency Counseling
- School Counseling Program Development and Classroom Management
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCounselling View 896 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- If you'd like to pursue a master's degree at Northern, please declare this intent when admitted to graduate study. The minimum grade point average for admission to a master's degree program is a cumulative 2.75 for bachelor's degree work.
International616 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 616 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National471 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 471 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
In-State329 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 329 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.