Counseling - Clinical Mental Health from Northern State University helps students prepare to work in an agency or private practice setting and become certified to work with children, adults, families and groups.
- Students selecting school counseling will be prepared to counsel K-12 children in private, public or parochial schools.
- Students selecting clinical mental health counseling will be prepared to enter into an agency setting working with children, adults, families and groups. They also may work in a career guidance or employment setting.
- Students will be prepared to take a state licensure or national certification exam in their preparation area.
- Counseling Children and Adolescents
- Assessment in Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Administration of Clinical Mental Health Counseling Services
- Assessment: Psychopathology and Diagnosis
- Behavioral Addictions Counseling
- Family Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Psychology View 707 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- Completed graduate application
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of career goals
- An official transcript
- $35 application fee
- English Proficiency
International11199 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11199 USD per year during 24 months.
National11199 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11199 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5998 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5998 USD per year during 24 months.
Minnesota resident - $9,873 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.