Physician Assistants (PAs) are health care professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. PAs practice primary and specialty patient care in medical and surgical settings throughout the United States and worldwide.
The scope of practice includes: obtaining the patient history and performing the physical examination, diagnosing and treating illness, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, patient education and counseling, assisting in surgery and prescribing medications.
We offer a master degree in Physician Assistant Studies at the University of Pittsburgh. In order to practice, Physician Assistants must graduate from an accredited educational program and become certified through an examination by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). PAs are employed in educational, administrative and research settings.
- To provide students with the required cognitive knowledge, affective behaviors, and psychomotor skills to consistently and reliably function as a physician assistant;
- To graduate skilled physician assistants who practice patient-centered care;
- To inspire a lifelong desire and responsibility for continued learning, service to the community and advocacy within the health care profession;
- To encourage graduates to pursue educational, research and administrative activities within the health care profession.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physician Assistant Profession
- Human Anatomy/Lab
- Health Policy
- Interpreting and Evaluating the Medical Literature
- Clinical Medicine with Lab
- Medical Physiology and Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 796 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Complete all sections of the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Submit a personal essay.
- Upload valid Healthcare Provider BLS certification from AHA (American Heart Association) to the CASPA application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
International34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34950 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29266 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,190 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,031 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.