Physician Assistants (PAs) are health care professionals licensed to practice medicine with physician supervision. PAs practice primary and specialty patient care in medical and surgical settings throughout the United States and worldwide.
The scope of practice includes: obtaining the patient history and performing the physical examination, diagnosing and treating illness, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, patient education and counseling, assisting in surgery and prescribing medications.
We offer a master degree in Physician Assistant Studies at the University of Pittsburgh. In order to practice, Physician Assistants must graduate from an accredited educational program and become certified through an examination by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). PAs are employed in educational, administrative and research settings.
- To provide students with the required cognitive knowledge, affective behaviors, and psychomotor skills to consistently and reliably function as a physician assistant;
- To graduate skilled physician assistants who practice patient-centered care;
- To inspire a lifelong desire and responsibility for continued learning, service to the community and advocacy within the health care profession;
- To encourage graduates to pursue educational, research and administrative activities within the health care profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to the Physician Assistant Profession
- Human Anatomy/Lab
- Health Policy
- Interpreting and Evaluating the Medical Literature
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine with Lab
- Medical Physiology and Pathophysiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 161 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- Complete all sections of the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- Submit a personal essay.
- Upload valid Healthcare Provider BLS certification from AHA (American Heart Association) to the CASPA application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
International46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National46814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 46814 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.