We offer a master degree in Performance Pedagogy at the University of Pittsburgh. All faculty members are active in both teaching and artistic and/or research activities. University of Pittsburgh Stages offers a range of opportunities to act, direct, and design in three separate venues. For more information on performance spaces, visit the Performance Spaces page.
The department, founded in 1982, offers a BA, MFA and PhD in theatre arts.Designed to equip working, professional actors with the tools to expand their employment opportunities in teaching at the college and university level, the MFA in Performance Pedagogy at the University of Pittsburgh offers a dynamic synthesis of teaching, practice, and scholarship.
The graduate PhD program involves students in practical as well as critical, theoretical, and historical education, sustaining our mission of providing the widest-possible spectrum of educational and training opportunities to future scholars and artists. This program supporst students towards academic careers and careers beyond academia through coursework, mentorship, and summer grants.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Theatre and Drama
- History, Literature, Criticism, Theory
- Techniques Performance Pedagogy
- Production Mentorship
- Theories of Acting and Directing
- World Theatre: 1640-1890
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 278 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University of Pittsburgh’s on-line application (there is a $75.00 application fee) *FEE WAIVERS are available.
- A personal statement indicating your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree at the University of Pittsburgh and your academic and professional goals.
- Official or Unofficial College Transcripts are uploaded with application. After a student is recommended for admission, official copies of all college transcripts will then need to be sent directly from the institution to the Dean’s office before a student can be matriculated.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- One (1) writing sample
- Headshot and Resume
- Non-US citizens: TOEFL or IELTS scores - this is mandatory and cannot be waived
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.