Sports Medicine from University of Western States is designed to provide students with advanced training in the prevention, evaluation and management of injuries and disorders affecting athletes and others participating in sports activities.
As a professional master’s degree, it is targeted at students with prior training in the evaluation and management of neuromusculoskeletal disorders. This audience includes chiropractic program students, chiropractic physicians, athletic trainers, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other health care providers.
Graduates with Sports Medicine from University of Western States will be able to:
- Develop evidence informed treatment plans for athletes and active populations.
- Demonstrate appropriate care of injuries for athletes and active populations.
- Develop evidence informed performance enhancement plans for athletes and active populations.
- Utilize emergency, urgent, and first aid procedures for athletes and active populations.
- Apply supplemental strategies based upon clinical needs of athletes and active populations.
- Communicate knowledge of the evidence-based guidelines for working with special population in exercise and sport.
- Apply ethical and professional practices in sports care.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Exercise Physiology
- Special Populations
- Sport Psychology
- Emergency Management
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Sports Nutrition
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- 60.5 quarter (40.3 semester) for UWS DC students
- 38 quarter (25.3 semester) for practicing clinicians
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 503 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in health care degree program, including a concurrent program such as the UWS DC program.
- Minimum Experience
- Academic achievements, professional accomplishments and experience in the field.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- Statement of purpose and supplemental essays
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Attend an on-campus informational session or participate in an in-person or telephone interview
International10564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 USD per credit during 18 months.
National10564 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.