This Innovation, Technology and the Law programme at The University of Edinburgh explores the role of law in responding to, regulating and promoting, new and emerging technologies, and also emphasises the role of technology in supporting and guiding legal and judicial processes.
The focus of the degree is on the international nature of the subject matter and each course offers a comparative analysis of current legal developments.
Having completed the programme, students will emerge with an understanding of technology-related law and technology support for legal processes, not just in their legal but also their commercial, social, ethical and cultural contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This programme offers a range of courses from the fields of technology, communications, IP and medical law with an international perspective, giving you the option to tailor the programme to suit your needs and interests.
- The programme consists of 180 credits, comprising taught courses worth 120 credits (60 credits per semester) and a 10,000 word dissertation worth 60 credits.
- Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances or lack of demand for particular courses, we may not be able to run all courses as advertised come the start of the academic year.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
There are 4 application rounds.
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Public Law Legal Studies View 44 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider candidates with a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home - £6,850
- International/EU - £12,000
UK government postgraduate loans
If you live in the UK, you may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from one of the UK’s governments. The type and amount of financial support you are eligible for will depend on your programme, the duration of your studies, and your residency status.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.