The Algorithms and Data Structures MicroMasters Program , which is offered by EdX in partnership with University of California, San Diego - UC San DiegoX, is a mix of theory and practice: you will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems through implementing over one hundred algorithmic coding problems in a programming language of your choice.
No other online course in Algorithms even comes close to offering you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. To prepare you, we have invested thousands of hours designing challenges as an alternative to multiple choice questions that you usually find in MOOCs. We believe in learning through application, especially when it comes to learning algorithms.
For each algorithm you develop and implement, we have designed multiple tests to check its correctness and running time — you will have to debug your programs without even knowing what these tests are! It may sound difficult, but we believe it is the only way to truly understand how the algorithms work and to master the art of programming.
- The median salary for Software Development jobs in the US is $100,690 per year. (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- Career prospects include software engineer, data scientist, and site reliability engineer.
What You'll Learn:
- Understand essential algorithmic techniques and apply them to solve algorithmic problems
- Implement programs that work in less than one second even on massive datasets
- Test and debug your code even without knowing the input on which it fails
- Formulate real life computational problems as rigorous algorithmic problems
- Prove correctness of an algorithm and analyze its running time
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithmic Design and Techniques
- Data Structures
- Graph Algorithms
- NP-Complete Problems
- String Processing and Pattern Matching Algorithms
- Dynamic Programming: Applications In Machine Learning and Genomics
- Graph Algorithms in Genome Sequencing
- Algorithms and Data Structures Capstone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 488 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1080 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1080 USD for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
National1080 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1080 USD for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
- 5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.