Unlike other mental health disciplines where you may take one or two classes in how to work holistically and relationally with clients, the entire program focuses the training and education to work within this paradigm. Individuals who complete the academic and clinical requirements earn a Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy.
During the program at Edgewood College you will be eligible to apply for a training license to practice therapy, and with additional post-degree hours of supervised work experience you can apply for full licensure as a marriage and family therapist. This degree specifically provides graduates with expertise in working with individuals, couples, and families. Additionally, this training also provides excellent preparation for other forms of clinical and administrative work in social and human service agencies.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Systems Theories
- Marital and Family Therapy
- Psychology of Trauma and Stress Disorders
- Diversity Through the Lifespan in MFT
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is a highly-competitive cohort-based graduate program with rolling admissions opening September 1st for the next year’s Fall cohort. Applicants are strongly advised to apply early as applications are reviewed and spots are filled throughout the year.
DisciplinesAnthropology Psychology View 907 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status.
- Complete and submit graduate application (including $30 fee).
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic
- The MFT Program Reference Form must accompany two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to comment on the candidate's potential for success as a therapist.
- Interests and motivation for wanting to be a therapist
- Applicants must also submit a resume.
- Applications will be reviewed upon completion
International997 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 997 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National997 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 997 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.