Child life specialists provide services in a variety of health care settings, including inpatient units, surgery areas, intensive care units, emergency departments, clinics and outpatient treatment areas. The program is offered at Edgewood College.
Child life specialists also provide services in other settings such as dental offices, community organizations, special needs camps, and a variety of other areas. To an ever increasing extent, child life specialists are involved in providing grief and bereavement services not only in the hospital-setting, but in hospice programs, home hospice, community organizations, bereavement centers, support groups, and grief groups and camps.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of child life
- Infant, child, youth and adolescent development for the child life professional
- Psychosocial care of hospitalized children and families
- Medical terminology for child life
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1324 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete and submit graduate application (including $30 fee).
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received from any post-secondary institutions be sent directly to Edgewood College Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One college course in child development or lifespan development strongly preferred.
- A written statement is required when applying to the Child Life Program. This essay should include the following:
- Interests and motivation for wanting to be a Child Life Specialist
- Ability to succeed in graduate school
- An interview
International37886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 997 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 997 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.