As a Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Somatic Counseling (Body Psychotherapy) at Naropa University you will combine the study of clinical mental health theory and practice with work in body psychotherapy.
The program places great value and importance on exploring both the current understanding of multicultural competence and the historical impact on the bodies that are present in counseling. Cultural identities, power, and privilege are critical lenses for us to explore the ethical work with differences that are embodied in ourselves and the clients we work with as Somatic Counselors.
Students at Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Somatic Counseling (Body Psychotherapy) at Naropa University will:
- demonstrate knowledge of core counseling curriculum.
- demonstrate proficiency in clinical counseling skills.
- demonstrate professional competence in counseling.
- demonstrate the ability to research and write about Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) and Body Psychotherapy (BP) in a way that shows critical thinking, scholarship, and the integration of theoretical material with clinical practice.
- Somatic Counseling Orientation Seminar
- Body/Movement Observation and Assessment
- Group Community Skills
- Body Psychotherapy
- Counseling & Helping Relationships I: Verbal & Nonverbal Skills
- The Body in Meditation and Psychotherapy
- Clinical Neuroscience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 605 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an Application
- Statement of Interest and Supplemental Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Year 3 - $7,500 per semester.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.