- Gain exegetical skills in understanding the content of Scripture through its form, context, structure, and vocabulary.
- Identify the basic issues involved in the exposition of Scripture including the cultural and historical background of the text.
- Apply skills to use Scripture in a variety of life and church circumstances: polity, apologetics, homiletics, Christian ethics, doctrine, and mission.
- Examine the development of Christian life at Vanguard University and thought in their historical contexts with this Theology program.
- Compare and evaluate prominent theological systems and movements in recent centuries.
- Discuss the major theological loci in sensitivity to biblical revelation, doctrinal developments in history, and contemporary contextual changes.
- Cultivate the dimensions of spirituality by exploring the disciplines of the spiritual life, the process of faith formation and the nature of ever-deepening moral life.
- Develop the leadership roles of the minister (clergy and lay leader) as preacher, educator, caregiver and administrator in the life of the local church or para-church ministry.
- Examine the larger cultural and social environment in which the church carries out its global mission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theological Studies
- Old Testament Exegesis
- New Testament Exegesis
- Biblical Exegesis and Expository Preaching
- Historical Theology
- Systematic Theology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 566 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- References: A form and letter must be submitted by both a pastoral and academic reference in order to complete your application.
- Personal Statement (3-5 pages): Write a detailed statement of purpose which describes your reasons, including vocational reasons, for pursuing a graduate degree in Religion at Vanguard. Also, describe how your Christian faith is related to your desire to pursue the Masters of Theological Studies program.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae: Please provide a detailed resume or curriculum vitae listing all employment, experience, education, training, etc.
International535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 USD per credit during 24 months.
National535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Costa Mesa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.