The Liberal Studies flexible curriculum at SUNY Old Westbury, delivered by well-published, award-winning, full-time faculty, fosters active, analytical and synthetic learning and an ongoing pursuit of knowledge.
- Through an intensive focus on thematic or creative Area of Study, students gain an understanding of how interdisciplinary approaches to knowledge enhance study in traditional disciplines.
- Guided by a faculty advisor, students engage in intentional, self-directed learning, structuring their own programs of study, through a combination of courses in the humanities and social sciences, to create an individual degree plan.
- Atlantic Slavery and Folklore
- American Cities in the 20th Century
- Visualizing America
- New Media Narratives
- Ethnographic Media
- Topics in American Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Liberal Arts View 705 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Students are admitted to the M.A. in Liberal Studies Program on a rolling basis. To be considered for admission to the program, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or equivalent in the highest earned degree)
- Submit two letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source), and
- Submit an admission essay.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
National23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5655 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.