In the Counseling program of Heidelberg University you'll be provided with the skills and knowledge necessary to address client issues in a diverse and global society and tackle emerging issues in mental health and wellness. Graduates of our program can be licensed as professional counselors, professional clinical mental health counselors, or professional school counselors.
- Students have a 98% (on average) first time rate for the OAE School Counselor exam and the National Counselor Exam, which are used for licensure in Ohio.
- Program completion rate is 98%.
- Job placement rate is approximately 95% within one year after graduation.
- Many opportunities for students to become involved in national and regional counseling associations. Students are actively engaged in Chi Sigma Iota national counseling honor society.
- Diverse and distinguished faculty is comprised of award winning leaders in the field of counseling who have made significant contributions to the field and are active in the American Counseling and American School Counseling Associations and their affiliates both nationally and regionally.
- Program utilizes a counseling lab for training purposes allowing students ample opportunity to develop and practice their counseling skills.
- Curriculum offerings include online courses, evening face-to-face and 8-week classes.
- Heidelberg ranks #1 as top masters degree in counseling in Ohio per Top Counseling Schools.
- Program is rated #6 in top 25 Most Affordable, Accredited Graduate Degree Programs in Counseling and Psychology in the Midwest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Counseling and Advanced Techniques
- Group Processes in Counseling
- Assessment and Appraisal
- Applied Research and Quantitative Methods
- Community Mental Health and Agency Counseling
- Professional Issues in Counseling: Legal and Ethical
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 901 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application through Heidelberg website
- Copy of your passport
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Goal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation are required
- From U.S. schools, the transcript must be an official copy mailed to Heidelberg directly, or delivered in a sealed envelope.
- From schools outside the U.S., students must submit their records to a NACES-approved credential evaluation service for a course-by-course evaluation.
International598 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 598 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National598 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 598 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.