The Professional Studies program at Bellevue University is an interdisciplinary master's degree individualized to meet emerging industry needs. The professional studies program's purpose is to develop advanced skill sets which may span multiple subject areas not commonly available in other master's programs.
You will start by creating an individualized degree plan with the help of an admissions counselor and faculty. A notable feature of the MPS is the flexibility to combine courses from more than one-degree program with your prior learning, and/or certificates of completion to meet your individual goals.
For example, you may choose to combine courses in information technology or marketing with data analytics, or leadership with human resources to enhance your professional experience in either field and build competence in a complementary skill set.
Completion of the Master of Professional Studies degree may enhance your marketability, opening up new opportunities for growth and advancement, or even a new entrepreneurial venture. Integrating hands-on, applied to learn with theory, all Bellevue University degrees are designed to deliver a transformative student learning experience that is flexible to accommodate your personal and work life.
Throughout the degree plan, you will develop a professional e-portfolio to demonstrate successful learning, experiential application, and goal accomplishments.
Upon completion of the Master of Professional Studies, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate specialized expertise to support declared goals.
- Apply broad knowledge and experiential techniques to address a practical challenge or opportunity.
- Demonstrate mastery of advanced professional skills to meet declared goals.
- Evaluate civic and global learning concepts to contribute to the global workplace.
More informationVisit official programme website
The program curriculum contains three academic components.A three-hour individualized learning portfolio course which extends throughout a student’s entire enrollment period. The portfolio will include submissions which:
- Support evidence of applied learning in declared occupational, personal, and/or learning goals (documented in the IP),
- Demonstrate application of broad knowledge and experiential learning experiences such as action research projects or problem-based learning projects,
- Summative reflection on what the program meant to them, what they learned, and whether they met their declared goals.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 419 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
General requirementsAdmission requirements:
- Completed Application Form
- Application Fee (non-refundable)
- An official evaluation of foreign credentials
- Verification of funds to show sufficient funds to study in the United States
International585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National585 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 585 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.