School Counseling from Assumption College has a well-defined mission that is focused on the tenets of social justice and anti-bias education. We educate students to recognize that youth of all social identities can learn, achieve, and succeed with the needed tools, resources, and learning environment.
Students at School Counseling from Assumption College will:
- be prepared for success in school systems where being a team player is a critical characteristic for effectiveness
- get effective counseling and intervention to meet the needs of a diverse student population
- Professional Orientation to Counseling
- Counseling Theories, Principles, and Practices
- Psychology of Learning and Motivation
- Group Counseling and Leadership
- Human GroMh and Development Through the Lifespan
- Psychological and Educational Assessment
- Fundamentals of School Counseling
- Behavioral Assessment and Intervention
- Multicultural Family Counseling and Collaboration
- Consultation and Collaboration: School/Home/Family
- Vocational, Career, and College Counseling (5-12)
- Neuropsychology of Learning and Behavior
- Intervention Strategies: Social and Emotional
- Intervention Strategies: Academic and Learning
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Clinical Practicum & Seminar: School Counselor, Guidance PreK-8 and (5-12)
- Advanced Clinical Practicum & Seminar: School Counselor, Guidance PreK-8 and (5-12)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology School Counselling View 563 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
- A 3.0 GPA is required.
- The MTEL exam is not required for admission into the School Counseling program, however matriculated students must pass the MTEL Communication and Literacy Skills exam prior to completion of the program.
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Professional and/or academic)
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English
International22860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 24 months.
$2,286.00 per 3-credit course
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.