The Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration at Mercy College New York prepares nurse administrators for interprofessional practice in today's complex, changing, dynamic health care environment. Application of advanced nursing management principles is applied in the final practicum course.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Assess findings from nursing biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement and organizational sciences for the continued betterment of advanced nursing practice across diverse settings
- Develop leadership behaviors that emphasize interprofessional collaboration, systems thinking, and business and financial acumen toward the improvement of healthcare systems
- Design advanced nursing practices that recognize regulation and national benchmarks to identify actual or potential failures in processes and systems and create a just culture which ensures continuous quality improvement and safety
- Participate in or lead collaborative teams in evidence based practice, quality improvement initiatives, and ethical conduct or research using translational research to generate and disseminate knowledge to improve care outcomes
- Evaluate the use of safe and effective information technologies to support decision making, coordination of care, education of health care staff, clients, and caregivers in order to achieve optimal health outcomes
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Technology
- Health Policy
- Dvsrty: Family as Lens
- Phlsphcl Fndtns of Nursing
- Rsrch Prspctvs & Methods
- Capstone Part I
- Capstone Part II
- Healthcare and Human Resource Management for Nurse Administrators
- Nurs & Hlth Care Financing
- Strtgc Plng Hlth Care Org
- Measure Org Perform Hlth Care
- Nurs ED or ADM Practicum
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesNursing View 744 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.