The Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling at Mercy College New York will prepare you for licensing as a mental health counselor, as determined by the Committee of Higher Education and Professional Practice of the New York State Education Department.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Identify and apply the American Mental Health Counseling Association standards to qualify to take the licensing examination in Mental Health Counseling required by New York State
- Demonstrate mastery of the eight CACREP Core Counseling Competencies: Human Growth and Development, Social and Cultural Foundations, Theories of Counseling, Groups, Lifestyle and Career Development, Appraisal, Research and Program Evaluation, and Professional Orientation and Ethics
- Identify and treat symptoms presented by clients
- Define, explain, and apply counseling methods for the assessment, diagnosis & treatment of mental disorders
- Apply current knowledge and research from social and behavioral sciences, including the use of technology, to the practice of counseling
- Identify and explain the impact of cultural diversity on counseling techniques and make appropriate applications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counseling and Ethics
- Human Development
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Counseling and Application I
- Mlticltrl Prspctives in Cnslng
- Counseling and Application II
- Practicum in Group Work
- Career Devlpmnt and Cnslng
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Counselling View 1983 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.