The Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling at Mercy College New York will prepare you for licensing as a mental health counselor, as determined by the Committee of Higher Education and Professional Practice of the New York State Education Department.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Identify and apply the American Mental Health Counseling Association standards to qualify to take the licensing examination in Mental Health Counseling required by New York State
- Demonstrate mastery of the eight CACREP Core Counseling Competencies: Human Growth and Development, Social and Cultural Foundations, Theories of Counseling, Groups, Lifestyle and Career Development, Appraisal, Research and Program Evaluation, and Professional Orientation and Ethics
- Identify and treat symptoms presented by clients
- Define, explain, and apply counseling methods for the assessment, diagnosis & treatment of mental disorders
- Apply current knowledge and research from social and behavioral sciences, including the use of technology, to the practice of counseling
- Identify and explain the impact of cultural diversity on counseling techniques and make appropriate applications
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counseling and Ethics
- Human Development
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Counseling and Application I
- Mlticltrl Prspctives in Cnslng
- Counseling and Application II
- Practicum in Group Work
- Career Devlpmnt and Cnslng
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis except for a few graduate programs.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 894 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Complete a graduate application
- Submit a nonrefundable $40 application fee.
- Submit official baccalaureate transcript(s)
- Supporting documents may be required depending on program of interest, which may include:
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National842 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 842 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Graduate Registration Fees
- 12 credits or more : $310/term
- Less than 12 credits: $155/term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.