ABA emphasizes the influence of the environment in behavior change and involves direct observation of behavior, data collection and analysis, and systematic changes to the environment in order to understand the cause of socially-significant behavior and improve that behavior. By first understanding the cause, we are able to develop more effective, long-lasting and socially acceptable methods of changing our own behavior and the behavior of others.
A field with an increasingly growing demand
With a Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Analysis from Assumption College, your career path options are diverse. ABA is the only evidence-based intervention available for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Given the increase in the number of individuals diagnosed with ASD, it is likely that most people, in any career, will be required to work with or provide services for individuals on the spectrum. Completing coursework in ABA will therefore be relevant for students who will be working with individuals with ASD in a wide variety of settings.
While the most common association with ABA is working with individuals with ASD and other developmental and intellectual disabilities, there are many other fields where the interventions and teaching procedures based on ABA have an impact. An ABA degree is relevant in clinical psychology, medicine, counseling, job effectiveness, sports training, environmental protection, education, exercise and health, business, criminology, and other areas.
Students who earn a graduate degree in ABA from Assumption College will learn how to effectively apply behavior-analytic procedures to solve behavioral problems that occur in their professional and personal lives.
An Assumption degree in ABA will prepare you to:
- Enter a field with an increasingly great demand
- Apply for licensure as an Applied Behavior Analyst in Massachusetts and to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst exam
- Be confident in your approach by gaining real-world experience through supervised fieldwork
- Apply principles of behavior to solve socially important problems and improve outcomes
- Pursue either an applied or research career path – coursework can be tailored to meet your goals
Assumption offers a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Applied Behavior Analysis as well as a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (C.A.G.S.) in Applied Behavior Analysis.
Assumption’s ABA course sequence and practicum courses meet the Behavior Analyst Certification Board’s (BACB) requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination. Applicants may need to meet additional requirements to qualify.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core Behavior Analysis Courses
- Principles of Learning and Behavior Analysis
- Measurement and Research Methods in Behavior Analysis
- Behavior Analysis and Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Behavioral and Functional Assessment
- Behavior-Analytic Interventions I
- Behavior-Analytic Interventions II
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Topics in Behavior Analysis
Advanced Behavior Analysis Courses
- Conceptual Foundations of Behavior Analysis
- The Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis I
- Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis II
- Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis III
- Integrative Seminar in ABA
- Introduction to Counseling Theory and Practice
- Psychology of Development OR
- Human Growth and Development through the Life Span
- Pre-thesis Seminar in ABA
- MA Thesis in ABA I
- MA Thesis in ABA II
- MA Thesis in ABA III
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 1277 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
To be accepted into the master’s program, students must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and an official transcript
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- An interview with the Program Director. Once the application is complete and forwarded to the program office, the ABA Program Director will contact the applicant to arrange an interview.
- Completed Application Dated & Signed
- $30 Application Fee (waived for AC Alumni)
- Three (3) Professional Recommendations
- Official Transcript(s)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
- TOEFL or IELTS for applicants whose native language is not English
- Certification of Finances
International43178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43178 USD per year during 24 months.
National43178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43178 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.