Some of our Master of Arts in English Literature at Mercy College New York graduates have gone on to PhD programs, have continued into college teaching positions, or have gone on to earn advanced creative writing degrees. Numerous English teachers have earned the MA or graduate content credits through our program for purposes of (re)licensing, promotion, or simply to increase knowledge of their field. Some of our MA students have no such professional goals or needs and simply love literature, and join our program to study and experience with others the tremendous power, mystery, and meaning that moves through and emerges from literature. Our program includes students of practically all ages located throughout the U.S. and across the globe.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and interpretive skills reflecting knowledge and comprehension of important British literary texts
- Demonstrate critical thinking and interpretive skills reflecting knowledge and comprehension of important American literary texts
- Demonstrate critical thinking and interpretive skills reflecting an awareness of theoretical trends and criticism
- Demonstrate knowledge of some of the literary traditions, and/or cultural situations, and /or historical eras from which the literature referenced in the above learning outcomes emerged
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science Fiction
- The short Story
- Literature to Film
- American Gothic
- Modern British Novel: 1900-Present
- History of Drama
- Modern Drama
- Modern Poetry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 702 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National927 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.