In today's world there is nothing more important than acquiring the advanced education and skills to protect our private data. Companies, governments, law enforcement and individuals all face the growing complexities in our increasingly interconnected world and the need to both safeguard data and prepare for the worst.
Your work in the Master of Science in Cybersecurity at Mercy College New York will prepare you for a career in a government agency, law enforcement, private companies, hospitals, health care organizations and IT departments.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Identify types of risks, cyber threats and cyber attacks through wired and wireless network communications
- Design, develop, and implement to prove the concepts of cyber defense, cyber offense, cyber investigation and cyber management
- Identify research problems, compare with previous approaches, develop solutions and discuss the research results
- Understand the privacy of information, information hiding, information assurance, information encryption/decryption
- Function effectively in a team to complete prototyping of detection, prevention and protection for internal and external cyber attacks and cyber intrusions
- Acquire and validate evidence related to cyber crimes from personal computers, smartphones, infrastructure hosts, wired and wireless networks
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Information Security
- Fndn Cybersecurity Sciences
- Data Mining/Knowledge Discover
- Distributed Database/Security
- Forensic Computing
- Internet Media & Security
- Applied Cryptography
- Firewall & Intrusion Detection
- Network & Security
- Social Implication of Info Sec
- Info Assurance & Mgt
- IT Audit & Compliance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 225 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International28440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 948 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 948 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.