The Master's Degree in Communication Disorders at Mercy College New York is a premier program in the metropolitan New York area.
The 59-credit program fosters ethical, competent, autonomous practice.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Synthesize and apply knowledge from biological, neurological,physiological, social, and behavioral bases of speech, language, swallowing and hearing
- Apply the principles and methods of prevention, assessment, intervention, and counseling for people with communication and swallowing disorders across the lifespan
- Behave in a manner that reflects the standards of professionalism, ethical conduct and self assessment in the field of Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology
- Select and administer appropriate evaluation procedures in order to interpret, integrate, and synthesize information to develop an appropriate diagnosis
- Plan and implement best practice in treatment that considers the client’s diagnosis, age, disorder, interests, cultural/linguistic background, and relevant others and that reflects assessment results, current theoretical models, and scope of practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Neuroanatomy of Human Comm.
- Advanced Speech/Hearing Scienc
- Language Disorders in Children
- Diag Process Comm DIsorder
- Introduction to Clinical Practicum in Speech-Language Pathology
- Disorders:Articul & Phonology
- Advanced Audiology
- Acquired Motor Speech Disorders
- Communication Disorders Adults
- Adv. In House Clinical Pract
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Public Health Health Sciences View 1101 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Test scores
- Additional transcripts from other colleges or universities
International60180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National60180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.