The Master of Science in Environmental Studies at Kentucky State University trains leaders to understand and solve environmental problems by applying critical thinking skills across disciplines.
Learning to restore a balance between humanity and our changing environment will be among the biggest challenges of coming years.
It will require an understanding of the interaction between:
- economics and other disciplines.
Kentucky State University’s Master of Science in Environmental Studies enables graduates to develop specific areas of expertise and communicate across disciplines to address environmental issues. The program is intended for students seeking meaningful employment with a commitment to human values.
The program is a coordinated by the College of Agriculture, Food Science, and Sustainable Systems. Many of the core faculty have appointments in this College. As such, the program emphasizes the agricultural interface between humans and the environment. Developing more sustainable agriculture and food systems is crucial to solving environmental problems.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Environmental Studies
- Population and Community Ecology
- MES Student Team Project
- Energy and the Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 407 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree
- Overall undergraduate grade point-average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Including College Algebra (MAT 115 or equivalent)
- Submission of application form
- Statement of goals and career objectives
- Official documents mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Studies, Kentucky State
- University, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores Only required for international students from countries where
- English is not an official language)
- Three letters of reference
- Payment of application fee
- $30 for US citizens and permanent residents
- $100 for international students
International630 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 630 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National420 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 420 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.