Master of Science with a major in Kinesiology
The Kinesiology program offered by University of North Georgia:
- Provides an advanced degree opportunity for physical educators (and related fields) who hold a teaching certificate in physical education or have a degree in exercise science and non-certification physical education.
- Provides students with advanced experiences and study in content areas specific to health and physical education and exercise science.
- Develops the abilities of students to conduct research and to critically assess professional practices within educational and sport-related settings.
- Requires a professional core of 12 hours that includes a research class and a measurement/evaluation class.
- Offers the student the choice of completing an additional 15 hours of coursework in either a concentration in exercise science OR health and physical education.
- Requires students to complete a three hour action research project in a professional area of interest.
- Does not provide certification in physical education upon completion.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in P HED
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Applications of Qualitative Research in Physical Education
- Analysis of Motor Skills
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Kinesiology
- Nutrition in Exercise & Sports
- Advanced Exercise Prescription & Program Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 405 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Admission requirements national
- 16 or older before the first day of class.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school. See list of approved accrediting organizations in the notes section below.
- Students graduating from a non-accredited homeschool or high school program, please apply as a non-accredited home school applicant.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores and meet traditional freshman criteria.
- You must be able to prove that you have the equivalent of at least $39,000 USD in the bank to finance your education if you are applying for a bachelor's degree, or $29,000 USD if applying for an associate degree.
International658 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 658 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National658 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 658 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State186 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 186 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.