This Kinesiology program at University of North Georgia:
- Provides an advanced degree opportunity for physical educators (and related fields) who hold a teaching certificate in physical education or have a degree in exercise science and non-certification physical education.
- Provides students with advanced experiences and study in content areas specific to health and physical education and exercise science.
- Develops the abilities of students to conduct research and to critically assess professional practices within educational and sport-related settings.
- Requires a professional core of 12 hours that includes a research class and a measurement/evaluation class.
- Offers the student the choice of completing an additional 15 hours of coursework in either a concentration in exercise science OR health and physical education.
- Requires students to complete a three hour action research project in a professional area of interest.
- Does not provide certification in physical education upon completion.
- Research Methods in PHED
- Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education
- Applications of Qualitative Research in Physical Education
- Analysis of Motor Skills
- Nutrition in Exercise & Sports
- Advanced Exercise Prescription & Program Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 105 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Baccalaureate from a regionally accredited, four year institution with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (4.0 scale) calculated in accordance with Graduate Admissions procedures.
- GRE General Test score of not less than 301 (verbal and quantitative scores combined) on the GRE General Test or a score not less than 391 on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). You may exempt the GRE General Test or MAT with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) calculated in accordance with Graduate Admissions procedures or with evidence of a master’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution.
International4545 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 303 USD per credit during 24 months.
National4545 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 303 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.