The University of North Georgia offers a Master of Arts with a major in history degree.The History program at University of North Georgia is not just for those aspiring to become historians or teachers. The program provides students with skills designed to help them advance in a wide variety of career choices. Graduates will master the analytical tools for making ethical and intelligent decisions in the global environment.
- U.S. History
- Colonial America
- Early National U.S.
- Studies in History of Evolutionary Science
- Social/Cultural Hist US 1860
- Social/Cultural Hist U.S. 1860-Present
- Social Movements in Modern America
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 268 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Baccalaureate from a regionally accredited, four-year institution with at least a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) calculated in accordance with Graduate Admissions procedures.
- Anthropology, history, international affairs, philosophy, political science or other appropriate majors at the undergraduate level.
- Official GRE General Test scores. Note: Only test scores less than five years old will be considered.
- Three letters of recommendation from undergraduate professors or other references able to comment on the applicant’s writing ability and the potential for successful graduate study.
- Writing sample, such as a research paper.
- A one-two page personal statement commenting on your area of historical interest, preference for the thesis or non-thesis track, your preparation for graduate study and educational/career goals.
International13740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 916 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State3450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 230 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Dahlonega
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.