The Goals of the M.A. Program in English at University of Texas Permian Basin are:
1. To train students to work with the materials of literature with scholarly competence and maturity.
2. To provide students with knowledge of major periods, theories, methodologies, movements and genres in British, American or multicultural literature.
3. To enhance students’ awareness of the theoretical and cultural contexts of literary works.
4. To provide English students with rhetorical skills such a argument, analysis, explication and criticism.
5. To prepare students to make original contributions to existing scholarship in the field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- British Literature: Literature and the Sister Arts;
- Literature and Mythology
- American Literature: Nature Writing; Border Literature & Theory
- Rhetoric and Composition: The Politics of Language
- Literature and Media Studies: Literature and Film in the Posthuman Age
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 758 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application
- Non-refundable application fee of $40
- Official high school transcript showing grade average, class rank (or approximate), and expected date of graduation
- SAT and/or ACT scores
International6817 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6817 USD per year during 12 months.
National6817 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6817 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State3334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3334 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Odessa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.